Welcome to the website for Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, a joint institution of Freie Universität Berlin and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
To navigate directly to a specific page or section, please use the 'Go To' commands as follows:
Postnatal Cytogenetic Diagnostics
You are here:
- Innate malformations or developmental disorders
- mental retardation
- frequent abortions
- Blood (5 ml heparinized whole blood)
- Skin and other tissues (in sterile transport medium)
- Conventional cytogenetic diagnostic. If required, additional molecular-cytogenetic analyses can be done. (Molecular Cytogenetics)
- Normally, findings can be expected after 3 to 4 weeks. In urgent cases, e.g. newborns, findings can be expected after 3 – 4 days.