Prenatal Cytogenetic Diagnostics
You are here:
- Conventional cytogenetic diagnostic. If necessary, additional molecular-cytogenetic analyses are performed. (Molecular Cytogenetics)
- Amniotic cells (10-20 ml amniotic fluid)
- Chorionic villus cells (> 15mg biopsies in sterile transport medium)
- Cord blood (1-2 ml, heparinized)
- Abortion material (fetal tissue or preferably > 20mg Chorionic villus cells in sterile transport medium. In case of missed abortion, chorionic villus cells are necessary)
- The chromosomal analysis after amniocentesis takes about 14 days. By request of the mother a prenatal rapid test can be done. In this case findings are expected after two to three days. Unfortunately this analysis is not paid by health insurances and und have to be paid by the parents.
- Preliminary findings of a chromosomal analysis of chorionic villus cells in short-time culture can be expected after 2 to 3 days. Findings of a long-time culture, which increases the diagnostic reliability, can be expected after about 14 days.
- Findings of a chromosomal analysis of core blood can be observed after about 3 to 5 days.
Prenatal FISH rapid test
The prenatal FISH rapid test allows a short-term, preliminary diagnosis concerning the most frequent numeric chromosomal aberrations (Trisomy 13, 18, 21) as well as sex chromosome aberrations.